Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Homemade Condensed Milk

Hello everyone! thanks for dropping by in my blogs and i do hope that you do enjoy reading my blogs...though i just started new in writing up my recipes and crochet projects.
I have been searching for desserts that I would be sharing with my friends here in my place...unfortunately, the recipes that I would love to make uses Condensed Milk! Omg!..where can i find condensed milk here in Turkey, its such a rare thing here...so what i did, never bother in buying any condensed milk..just make my own condensed milk. And now here it is am sharing everyone of you that has a hard time in searching for condensed milk here in Turkey, and much more this is more healthier  for we do know what's in that can! 

Homemade Condensed Milk

Ingredients:
2/3 cups granulated sugar or brown sugar ( if you want the caramel color)
1 cup powdered milk
3 tbsps. butter ( softened) approximately 42-43 gms
1/3 cup hot water ( not boiling)


Procedure:

In a bowl, combine the three (3) first ingredients then add hot water. With an electric mixer, beat until smooth. There you got your condensed milk..that's just the easy way...Got no electric mixer, no probs you can use a whisk and whisk the ingredients till smooth..that is if you don't mind of getting big MUSCLES!!

Just a short note for all: This condensed milk is equivalent to 1 cup, so if your recipe would call for 1 cup, that would be fine, but if 1/2, I would recommend you to divide the ingredients into halves. This recipe has to be used on the day you will be making your dessert. Happy cooking! 

No comments:

Post a Comment