Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Empanada by Azzil Gencturk

Good day! While I was browsing over my facebook, I came upon a great tutorial from one of my facebook friends, Azzil Gencturk, and didn't think twice to ask for her copyrights for me to post her tutorial, so now here I am sharing it to all of you here:
Empanada ..by Azzil Gencturk

This is usually and has always been my favorite snack while I was still in the Philippines. These can be seen in our gatherings, aside from the pansit that would always be around in our big table! Almost all aound the world has their different versions of empanadas and names for this., here in Turkey as where am staying now, they do have their Borek or Poğaca, but there's no other that can stop me from eating our very own Empanada, as the song says...JUST CAN'T GET ENOUGH... anyway much to my intro...here's the recipe with its tutorial.. again thanks to you Azzil Gencturk for sharing.

Empanada
Crust ingredients:                                  
3 cups all-purpose flour                          
200 gr. butter (cubed)
3 tbsp. granulated sugar
1 pack baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
ice cold water
1 egg yolk for swiping









Filling ingredients:                                         
1/2 cup ground beef or chicken
1 medium onion diced
1 tbsp. minced garlic
1/2 cup carrot diced
1/2 cup potato diced
1/2 cup green peas
1/2 cup raisins





Let's start with the filling:












Continue now for the crust:





Assembly:






















As at the present, Mrs. Gencturk hasn't given me any details on the baking info,.. as for basic baking, i would usually go for the 180 degrees and till empanadas are golden brown...

recipe and photos courtesy of Azzil Gencturk

No comments:

Post a Comment