Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Avocado with mixed greens Salad

Avocado with mixed greens Salad

Good day everyone again! .. As I was cleaning up my pantry, I noticed that I had one avocado left inside my pantry.. I almost forgot that I kept it in my pantry waiting for  it to  be ripe.  Whoo!! What am I gonna do with just a single avocado? Well, its lunch time for me and I came up a plan to make green salad and just toss in the avocado slices..lemme see how that would go... Well...twas so delicious after all with my white cheese and olives.. a greek island  salad as to go. Anyway, am gonna share now how to make this salad.

Ingredients:

lettuce, rocket leaves, parsley,
tomatoes, feta cheese, black olives,
lemon, olive oil, salt, dry mint









Procedures:

 
Step 1. Peel and slice avocado to bite sizes and squeeze some lemon juice on the avocado to avoid discoloration. Set aside.

Step 2. Crumble feta cheese and sprinkle dried mint and dried oregano. Set aside.

Step 3. Let's prepare the salad dressing by mixing 2-3 tbsps. lemon juice, 3 tbsps. olive oil, salt and pepper.. these all depend on your taste whether you would want it to be salty or sour...







Step 4.  In a clean bowl, wash and dry the greens, then roughly shred them or tear them apart.. the best part in this salad is you dont need any knife to shred the greens... just tear them all the way to bite sizes., cut tomatoes into wedges. Then pour in our ready made salad dressing and toss the greens.




Step 5. Add in now the avocado slices and slowly and carefully toss the whole salad again taking care not to mash the avocado.





Step 6.  In a serving salad bowl, place in your dressed salad and sprinkle in the reserved feta cheese and the black olives.
Enjoy!! :)

Tip: You can also mixed in shred or cubed cooked chicken breasts for a complete lunch or dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment